This page contains information about the System’s CE Program, for EMS providers who are actively and currently in the Silver Cross EMS System. Our CE program is mandatory for every IN-SYSTEM provider that lists SCEMSS as their primary EMS System.
SCEMSS utilizes “MOODLE” to provide continuing education to its System members. Each month SCEMSS providers are required to log-in, view a Powerpoint presentation and complete a competency quiz. Moodle is used not only as a way for our primary providers to complete the System’s MANDATORY CME, but also as a way for the System to rollout mandatory System updates like the SMO updates or new equipment updates that apply to every EMS provider functioning in our System.
- Please note this is for IN-SYSTEM providers only.
- In-System providers receive specific directions to create their moodle account on their System number letter when they join the System.
- 80% remains the minimum passing score for all SCEMSS tests and quizzes.
- Once the powerpoint presentation has been viewed the quiz will open and remain open.
- The quiz MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 60 DAYS with NO EXCEPTION!
- Any primary provider NOT completing the quizzes monthly can and will be removed from the System at the System’s will without notice!!!
- Only complete the quiz for the level to which you are licensed. NEVER COMPLETE BOTH! EMT-Bs should only complete the BLS quizzes; and Paramedics should only complete the ALS quizzes.
- TO PRINT YOUR MOODLE GRADE SHEET, log in then click on the SCEMSS Monthly CE. Next scroll toward the bottom of the page and click GRADES on the lower left. Next hit the Ctrl and the letter P keys at the same time on your keyboard to print the page. You can also right-click somewhere on the grades list and click on “print preview” to preview the grades first before printing. This will print a page that shows your grades inside the box and the list of site codes and hours on the left side of the page. Use this for submitting CE to other EMS Systems.
SCEMSS Moodle CE link: http://moodle.silvercrossems.com/
If you cannot find your System number letter with instructions on creating your moodle account be sure you do the following when creating your account (again this is for System members ONLY):
- Once you’ve clicked the above link and the log-in button on that site
- Click on the create new user button (lower right side of page)
- Make your username first initial middle initial and last name
- Example John C Doe would be jcdoe
- Use an email that you plan to keep for a long time. (example gmail)
- Make your password something easy you will remember
- Choose your primary Silver Cross agency from the drop down
- Use your 9-digit State EMS license number in the license number field
Please forward suggestions for future CE topics to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trouble getting a moodle page to load or questions about CE topics/content: email@example.com
Trouble getting logged in or questions about registration: firstname.lastname@example.org