Classes and events on this page are also open to out-of-System healthcare providers. Please contact each agency or individual listed below for registration or details about their course or event.
Check out the Region VII EMS Website at www.regionviiems.com for many more CE opportunities and special events throughout the Region.
- CPR CLASSES: Silver Cross Hospital (separate from the EMS System office) holds monthly CPR classes open to the public, and to register please call 1-888-660-4325 or visit the Silver Cross Hospital website at https://www.silvercross.org/classes-events/ then choose your desired class. If you have a question about a replacement CPR card for a CPR class you took at Silver Cross Hospital call the Marketing and Community Relations department at 815-300-7091.
- ACLS & PALS CLASSES: The Silver Cross EMS System (separate from the Hospital) holds monthly ACLS and PALS classes open to the public. To register for ACLS or PALS, please call (815) 300-7589. Registration is confirmed upon payment. If you have a question about a replacement ACLS or PALS card for an ACLS or PALS class you took at Silver Cross Hospital, call the EMS office at at 815-300-7589, otherwise call the location where you registered. AHA requires all ACLS and PALS course students to have a current BLS Healthcare Provider CPR Card and that students be a minimum of RN, Physician, or Paramedic. Course materials will be mailed 30 days prior to the class date, provided payment has been received. Specialty courses will be held in the Silver Cross Hospital Education Center unless otherwise indicated. See our “Map/Directions” page. The Education Center is in a separate building just north of the ER.
- IN THE MIDST OF CHAOS CONFERENCE: SAVE THE DATE for our September 23, 2022″In the Midst of Chaos” Conference. Visit www.inthemidstofchaos.org for details and register early once registration opens as it sells out every year!
- NATIONAL REGISTRY: National Registry certification and renewal information may be found at www.nremt.org. A SCEMSS in-System EMS Personnel may use their Moodle CE toward their NR license renewal. The EMS Personnel would need to print their own Moodle sheet and list the CE with NR as they see fit. The System only processes State license renewals but will sign off on NR renewal applications for the System’s Moodle CE for in-System providers.
- ECRN CLASSES: Please visit the ECRN page at www.regionviiems.com for a list of upcoming ECRN courses.
- DESIGNATED INFECTION CONTROL OFFICER: Infection Control Emerging Concepts Inc. offers Designated Infection Control Officer classes. You may visit their website at https://www.ic-ec.com/training.
- LEAD INSTRUCTOR COURSES: Registrations can be completed on-line at www.naemse.org, National Association of EMS Educators. Each class has on-line assignments prior to the course, so please register early to not only secure a seat, but to get started with enough advance time to get acquainted with your assigned team and to begin the learning process. Please note: Illinois has very specific requirements for Lead Instructors with respect to time, experience, and a recommendation from an EMS System. Please make sure prospective registrants review the Lead Instructor policy on our LICENSURE page BEFORE signing up for the class. IDPH also has strict requirements for renewal which now requires ADDITIONAL/SEPARATE LEAD INSTRUCTOR SPECIFIC CE. Silver Cross Lead Instructors must complete LI specific CE on our Moodle CE site. All other Region VII Lead Instructors may view a list of available Lead Instructor Specific CE on the Region VII EMS website’s CE Opportunities page.