This page is designed to assist SCEMSS ECRNs with LICENSE RENEWAL, SYSTEM ENTRY, and ECRN COURSES. SCEMSS manages ECRN licenses for Silver Cross and Saint Joseph’s Joliet. ECRN RENEWAL information is toward the bottom of this page.
LOOKUP YOUR LICENSE:
IDPH has an online license verification site that may be accessed by anyone to verify ECRN and EMS licenses: IDPH online EMS license verification link.
If you work for Silver Cross Hospital ER or Saint Joseph’s Medical Center, Joliet ER and would like to become an ECRN please select a course and complete this ECRN COURSE APPLICATION with your ER Manager’s signature. Email the completed ECRN COURSE APPLICATION with copies of your current ACLS plus one of the following: TNS/TNCC/PHTLS/BTLS to email@example.com
BEFORE CLASS: ECRN COURSE PREP MATERIALS
– Sample ECRN Candidate Letter
– Visit the SMO page on this website to study the Region 7 SMOs
– ALS SMO Study Guide
– Sample ECRN Practice Sheet
– Make sure you bring a money order or cashiers check payable to IDPH for $55 to the first day of ECRN class. We must submit this to IDPH with your license paperwork.
AFTER CLASS: ECRN INITIAL LICENSURE FORMS
Once you’ve completed the Region 7 ECRN course you must, within 90 days, submit the following 2 items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Upon receipt of these 2 forms, the System submits your license paperwork to IDPH for processing. It will take about 4-6 weeks to receive your ECRN license.
LICENSED ECRN JOINING SCEMSS:
If you’re already a licensed ECRN but new to Silver Cross ER or Saint Joes ER as an ECRN, you must do the following to enter the SCEMSS System and answer the radio:
1. Complete this ECRN SYSTEM ENTRY APPLICATION with your ER Manager’s signature.
2. Attach clear and legible copies of your current ECRN license, ACLS, PLUS one of the following trauma certs: TNS/TNCC/PHTLS/BTLS.
3. Provide verification that you’ve successfully completed the current Region 7 ALS SMO exam. The SMO exam may have been done at a previous Region 7 System in which case the ECRN must provide that verification in writing. If not then the ECRN must create a SCEMSS Moodle account ASAP and complete the April 2016 CE quiz titled ALS SMO. Visit the Moodle CE Program page for a link to our Moodle CE site and instructions on creating a site.
– Email the above 3 items to email@example.com
Please note that no ECRN System Entry Application will be processed until all of the above items are complete.
ECRN LICENSE RENEWAL:
License renewal is a 2 part process. The first part is completing System CE requirements so the System can process your CE with IDPH. The second part is paying your fee directly to IDPH.
PART 1 (SYSTEM CE REQUIREMENTS): To complete the first part of your renewal you must complete the System’s CE requirements:
– REVIEW the ECRN LICENSE RENEWAL SUMMARY form.
– ALWAYS ensure your EMS System has your current email and mailing address.
– ALWAYS keep copies of your CE for your own records. (As your license is ultimately your responsibility.)
– ALWAYS keep up on your Moodle CE completing ALS/RN/Paramedic CE ONLY. If you don’t have a Moodle account, use the LINK and INSTRUCTIONS below.
– NEVER wait till the last minute as you may incur an additional $50 late fee.
– NEVER create a second Moodle account. If you need help with your Moodle password, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a password reset.
Click here to for the moodle.silvercrossems.com CE site.
To CREATE your Moodle Account if you don’t already have one:
– Click on the “create new user” button on the bottom right.
– Enter your username (Example John C Doe would be jcdoe).
– Make your password something easy you will remember!!!!!!
– Use an email address that you check often and plan to keep for a long time.
– Choose your agency “ER-SCH-ECRN” for Silver or “ER-St Joes-ECRN” for Joes.
– Enter your 9-digit State ECRN license # in the license # field, if known.
– Click “Create Your Account”.
– Check the email you used (including SPAM folder) for verification email. If you do not receive the verification email, then email email@example.com for assistance.
– Log-in with your set username and password.
– Click SCEMSS Monthly CE – EMT, Paramedic, PHRN, ECRN and begin.
– FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE ECRN LICENSE RENEWAL SUMMARY form.
PART 2 (IDPH REQUIREMENT): To complete the second part of your renewal with IDPH please note:
– IDPH mails out RENEWAL NOTICES with a PIN number 60-90 days prior to renewal. If you do NOT receive this notice, your PIN and IDPH license number are in the renewal letter emailed from the System. You must have this information to renew your license.
– Pay your license fee online at the IDPH WEBSITE to avoid delays caused by mailing in check payments.
– When renewing online with IDPH you will be asked to enter OUR “System Number Code” of 0710. This number is different than your individual PIN number.
– If asked for your TNS training hospital list Saint Joseph’s Joliet as Leslie Livett at Saint Joes processes those renewals for the System’s Silver Cross and Saint Joes ER ECRNs.
– Complete the Child Support and Felony conviction statements. Anyone convicted of a felony or delinquent on child support may not be able to complete their renewal online and may need to contact IDPH if directed to do so.
– Once both CE and payment are processed you will receive your renewed ECRN license in the mail in about 2 weeks.
IDPH WEBSITE FOR RESOURCES:
IDPH has their own website. The IDPH WEBSITE must be used to access IDPH information and forms for licensing and renewals. IDPH will not accept old forms so be sure you are using the most current forms from this site.
Your IDPH license is a legal document and should match your legal name on your driver’s license. An individual can change their name with IDPH by emailing their EMS System a copy of their marriage license, divorce decree (front page and name change page only), or court order. The System files the appropriate paperwork with IDPH. It costs nothing to change your name unless you want a duplicate license mailed out. See next paragraph.
DUPLICATE LICENSE REQUEST:
A duplicate license request may be necessary if your license has been lost or stolen or for a name change. The $10 is only necessary if the individual needs a new copy of their license now. A duplicate license may be requested through this IDPH website link.
SCEMSS Forms and Policies relating to CE & LICENSURE
After reviewing the above you may contact the SCEMSS Operations Coordinator for additional information or assistance with ECRN licensure or renewals.
For information as an Independent ECRN (not actively working in an ER) contact IDPH at 217-785-2080 to obtain your IDPH Regional Coordinator’s contact information.