This page offers instruction to SCEMSS EMS Personnel that need to request a letter of good standing to enter another System. If EMS Personnel are looking for information on where to send a letter of good standing to enter the Silver Cross EMS System, please have letters emailed to the Operations Coordinator.
This page also includes information on how to change primary and secondary Systems.
Recent graduates of the SCEMSS Paramedic program should contact their Paramedic Class Instructor for a letter of good standing.
To request a Letter of Good Standing from Silver Cross EMS so you may join or enter another EMS System, email your request to the Operations Coordinator ensuring you include ALL of the following information:
1. Your full name, current home address, cell phone, and email.
2. Your request letter/email MUST have an effective date of the change.
3. The request must state “I am requesting a letter of good standing to enter _____ EMS System”. (System name NOT Region)
4. State the full name of the System AND agency/department you plan to enter in that System.
5. Include the email of the System you plan to enter.
6. State “I am going into _____ System as primary or secondary”.
7. You must also state 1 of the 2 following statements:
– “I plan to stay in Silver Cross EMS with _____ agency” (state the Silver Cross EMS agency)
– “I am dropping Silver Cross since I will no longer work for one of its agencies”
You cannot stay in Silver Cross unless you remain employed by one of our agencies/departments! If employed with Kurtz/AMR you must continue to work for Kurtz/AMR on the private side or one of the contracts in our System if you want to stay in our System otherwise you must drop SCEMSS.
8. You may request your SMO date/score be included in your good standing letter. We will only send CE if you are entering the other System as primary.
9. You must include your cell phone number should our office have any questions about your request.
Email the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com allowing 5 business days for processing. Once the letter is prepared it will be emailed directly to the EMS System you are entering. Good Standing letters are sent from System to System only; never to any agency or individual.
IF ALL 9 ITEMS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR REQUEST, IT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Silver Cross Paramedic Class recent graduates should contact the Education Coordinator/Course Instructor for good standing letters.
EMS Personnel who wish to CHANGE their primary EMS SYSTEM status must do so by emailing the Operations Coordinator. Your agency EMS Coordinator CANNOT make this change for you.
- This letter must come directly from you, the EMR, EMT, EMT-I, Paramedic, PHRN, or ECRN include a return phone number in case of questions, and state the System names of the Systems you are changing to primary, and to secondary.
- If switching into another System as primary you must state if you plan to stay with Silver Cross and if so with which one of our agencies/departments. If employed with Kurtz/AMR you must continue to work for Kurtz/AMR on the private side or one of the contracts in our System if you want to stay in our System.
- If switching Silver Cross EMS System to your primary then you MUST also include copies of your CE from your previous System. Keep copies of all CE for your own records as well.